Accademia Nazionale Dei Lincei and DELOS NoE Conference
- Appraisal in the Digital World
Accademia Nazionale Dei Lincei (Rome, Italy)
15 - 16 November 2007
The Accademia Nazionale Dei Lincei and Digital Preservation Cluster of the DELOS Network of Excellence in association with DigitalPreservationEurope (DPE), and InterPARES are pleased to open registration for the forthcoming Conference on Appraisal in the Digital World.
This conference provides an opportunity for information professionals, archivists, records managers, record creators, managers, students, and researchers from the sciences, the arts, government and business to rethink appraisal in the context of the changes brought about by digital technology and the globalization of our society, to network with colleagues, learn about current developments and research, discuss their own experiences, and identify risks and challenges that are likely to emerge from each possible choice. Presentations, panel discussions, and poster sessions will offer participants cross-disciplinary and international perspectives on appraisal.
Conference context and background are now available.
This conference will be held at the Accademia Nazionale Dei Lincei in Rome, Italy on 15-16 November 2007. The event is co-sponsored by the Accademia Nazionale Dei Lincei, DELOS Digital Preservation Cluster, DigitalPreservationEurope (DPE), and InterPARES.
Conference registration is now closed. Earlybird registration before 9th November 2007 costs €50, and €150 thereafter.
The registration fee includes:
- Conference Handouts
- Lunches and coffee breaks
- Conference dinner
The registration fee does not include:
- Dinners (except for the Conference Dinner)
A provisional conference programme is now available. Confirmed speakers include such international experts as Terry Eastwood, Ken Thibodeau, Luciana Duranti and Jason Baron.
For university students, PhD students and young researchers supported only by a research grant, a limited number of partial bursaries is available, supported by DELOS. The partial bursaries are available in the form of registration fee waivers. A letter of recommendation from the University or the research organization is required. The number of bursaries is limited and will be granted under a first come, first served policy. To apply for the grant, please send an email to the Conference Secretariat at email@example.com, explaining your status and accompanied by a letter of recommendation.
Payment details are now online.
Instructions for getting to the Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei are now available.
- View Instructions in English
- View Instructions in Italian
View a list of suggested hotels [PDF].
Questions should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof Luciana Duranti, University of British Columbia
- Prof Tito Orlandi, University of Rome (La Sapienza)
- Prof Maria Guercio, University of Urbino
- Prof Seamus Ross, University of Glasgow
- Prof Richard J. Cox, University of Pittsburgh
- John Faundeen, Center for Earth Resources Observation and Science, U.S. Geological Survey
- Elaine Goh, National Archives of Singapore
- Ross Harvey, Charles Sturt University and Research Fellow DCC (UK)
- Hans Hofman, National Archives of the Netherlands
- Shadrack Katuu, Project Officer Nelson Mandela Foundation
- Rosely Rondinelli, Archivist of the Casa de Rui Barbosa Foundation - Brasil