TEL-ME-MOR is organizing a Policy Conference, to be held on 19-20 October 2006 in Tallinn, Estonia, on the theme: "The Digital Future of Cultural and Scientific Heritage".
The TEL-ME-MOR Policy Conference is an International event, which will:
- present the achievements and results of the TEL-ME-MOR project;
- provide a forum for discussion of the latest digital library developments in Europe and in the world;
- highlight future research requirements and formulate concrete recommendations as to how the EU and international R&D agendas can lead to improving access to our common cultural heritage.
The conference will focus on the following themes:
- The European Library and its relation with other memory institutions: digitisation priorities, standards and interoperability between libraries, museums and archives, multilingual interfaces and searching, etc.
- Research requirements, role & perspectives of memory institutions within the Seventh Framework Programme; digital library's international initiatives (e.g. Google, The Internet Archive etc.).
DELOS is participating in the session: "Towards a European digital library: where are we now? ". The objectives of the session are:
- to highlight current developments and trends, at the European level, in the area of digitisation and access to cultural and scientific heritage;
- to discuss major research areas in both the 'New' and the 'Old' Member States, which need to be addressed in future EU research programmes.
Conference web site: http://telmemor.net/conference/index.php